Monday, March 12, 2012

SWTOR / WoW Update


I know I said it wasn't worth paying a subscription fee, but I changed my mind after playing SWTOR when it went live.

I enjoyed leveling my first toon to 50, as the dailogue really did make leveling enjoyable, but the second or third times through the quests, even making different alignment choices or clicking through all the content, was just painful.

I have yet to see any endgame content and am not sure I'm going to because my husband is too annoyed with some of the game mechanics (and bugs) to proceed with any zeal at all and is on the lookout for something else for us to focus on (besides Warcraft or Rift, both of which, we've seen enough of).

We don't usually make good guildies, as we haven't yet been in a guild not of our own making that has good leadership, but we thought we'd give it a go. We Joined a guild that seemed like a good fit - their raid days didn't conflict with our Warcraft/Taekwondo schedule and the leadership just came from leading a 25-man heroic-mode warcraft guild, which meant they had some idea what they were doing and could probably understand what their abilities do. That guild decided the day we joined to change their raid days to days we couldn't make it, then 3 days later rerolled republic on an RP/PVP server. So... that didn't work out.

I just joined another guild that is starting to form their first raid group. They're not new to guild- or raid- leading and seem like nice and fun people, so this may be a good fit. I or we, should the hubby decide to give raiding a chance in SWTOR, won't have to fight for raid spots and can earn our keep from the start, which is definitely preferable to having to be an alt until a spot opens up.

I'm still subbing to Wow, as the friends I have there are definitely still worth the $15 a month, but I haven't bothered to max-out all my alts this time around. I'm just to the point where I've found real life things to do instead of seeing the same content over and over again and am getting more and more annoyed with blizzArd for reusing content - armor, mob, environment models, etc... Their customer base has definitely paid them enough for them to change pretty much everything. How about some dynamic lighting effects? Did they learn nothing from Rift? How about some new caves?!  Come on. If MOP doesn't offer unique and interesting content, I'm going to have to cancel my subscription on principle alone. Those who really are my friends can friend me on facebook to keep in touch. Fuck blizzard for being opportunistic little assholes.

That's about all I have to say on this lovely Monday morning. Kidding... it's completely grey and brown outside - I'm going back to bed.

No comments: